Why Join Rotary?
The Fayetteville Rotary is a vibrant and active service club. Our club members are dedicated people who share a passion for both community service and friendship.
What does it mean to be a member?
Becoming a Rotarian connects you with a diverse group of professionals and citizens who share your drive to give back. Our club is a proud part of this community and of Rotary International which embodies the Rotary motto “Service Above Self.”
Rotary is a global network of more than 1.2 million members who believe that great things happen when dedicated minds come together. We are community and business leaders representing different professions, experiences, and perspectives but with a shared desire to connect with others to address the challenges affecting our community and communities around the world. Locally and internationally, Rotarians apply the Four-Way Test, (an ethical guide for Rotarians of the things we think, say or do) in their personal and professional relationships.
Service About Self
Our club offers opportunities for our members — and those interested in making a difference — to get involved. Through meetings, social events, and volunteer projects, our members learn about the issues facing our community and communities all over the world, partnering with local, national, and global experts to make a difference. Learn about Rotary's 2022-23 Global & Local Impact. Along with these opportunities to serve, members also are able to regularly network, resulting in lifelong friendships and business connections.
9 Reasons to Become a Member (From a member perspective!)
- Business Development
- Personal Growth and Development
- Leadership Development
- Citizenship in the Community
- Continuing Education
- Public Speaking Skills
- Citizenship in the World
Ready to become a member?
Membership of a Rotary club is something granted to those willing to commit to assisting in their local communities, in addition to the global community. If you are ready to join other like-minded individuals in accomplishing these goals, please contact us.
2023-24 Membership Chair: Ion Cerga
New Rotary Members Process
- The Fayetteville Rotary Club invites prospective new rotary members to join them for lunch and get to know our membership and find out if Rotary membership is right for you. Our Club meets on Thursdays from 12:30 pm-2 pm at Highland Country Club.
- Prospective members should attend a minimum of two meetings to learn about Rotary and meet Fayetteville Rotarians.
- Prospective members complete a membership application form and submit it to our Membership Chair or another member of the Club. A transferring or former member of another club may be proposed to active membership by the former club.
- Once the application has been received, the Membership Chair will contact the prospective new member, share information about the Club and further membership requirements.
- The prospective member application will be presented to the Board for consideration. At the following club meeting, the membership will vote on her/his acceptance.
- Once approved, the prospective member is then notified of their acceptance and inducted at a subsequent club meeting.
- Membership dues are billed quarterly and include weekly meals and support local service projects and contributions toward Rotary Foundation which funds transforms your gifts into service projects that change lives both close to home and around the world. Since it was founded more than 100 years ago, the Foundation has spent more than $4 billion on life-changing, sustainable projects, including the eradication of Polio.